Skip to content
General Academic Regulations (GAR)
- General Academic Regulations (GAR) aims to assure the academic standard of the University.
- Students of undergraduate, diploma and certificate programmes are required to observe the General Academic Regulations whilst studying at the University.
- Students are required to familiarize yourself with the General Academic Regulations and the “Operational Guidelines supporting GAR” under the “Student Handbook”.
- For new policies/regulations or any amendments/updates, please refer to the announcement made via the Intranet, emails, notices, circulars and the online version: https://www.eduhk.hk/re/student_handbook/
- Key points of GAR are summed up in the powerpoint.
Academic Advising (AA)
- Academic Advisors assist students in drawing up study routes compatible with their career/life goals.
- All first-year students of UGC-funded full-time undergraduate programmes participate in AA.
- Full-time self-financed undergraduate programmes/ senior year entrants may join AA with due consideration of resource and needs.
- Website (Information for new students will be available when the new academic year starts in September.)
- Handbook on Academic Advising for Full-time Undergraduates (Available at AA website)
- Registry (Academic Regulations and Records Section) will arrange briefing sessions for students in September/ October